Allée des Défricheurs 4b
2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
Sequent AG (hereinafter “Sequent”) is committed to giving the utmost attention to the security and protection of your privacy. We processes your personal data in compliance with applicable privacy and personal data laws according to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation / Regulation (EU) 2016/679). In accordance with such regulation, we provide you with the following information:
What information do we collect and when?
1. By using the Oxygen app / Sequent app, and signing up for the services provided by us, we are authorized to collect and process the following data according to the terms of this Privacy notice:
mean data which can directly identify you, such as your email address, birth date, usernames, names and surnames, phone number, delivery address.
vary depending on the Products used. They correspond to the measure of your physical activities, such as number of steps, distance travelled, number of swimming strokes, number of calories burned, type of activity, level of activity, and sport session time.
mean data which correspond to a measurement of your physical features and your body activity. Depending on the Products used, it includes your weight, muscle, fat, water percentage, heart rate, blood pressure, electrocardiogram, heart sound, temperature and sleep cycles.
correspond to your environment or surroundings such as noise level, light level, temperature level, CO2 concentration, IP address and geo location.
necessary for the use of the Products and Services, such as Wi-Fi network, technical logs, date of Product activation, battery measurement, manufacturing ID, debug technical information, and website cookies. Your bank details are processed when you purchase Products on our website. They are solely used for audit purposes and are not stored.
- When you create an account, you provide certain personal data. Your account is the core component of Products and Services, it allows you to access and control your personal data.
When you use our applications, some personal data is registered on your account. This is the case when you set an alarm, share information, measure steps, fill in a field in the Application, install and synchronize your Product and Application, and when you activate certain optional features such as geolocation in the settings of your phone. All your personal data collected when using our applications are stored under your account.
When you use our Products and Services, your personal data is collected to help you monitor your health. Each Product requires collection and processing of specific personal data.
When you choose to share your data with other applications, we exchange data with partners via API (Application Programming Interface). You may discontinue this connection at any time by logging in and managing the sharing preferences under your account.
When you contact our customer support, some of your personal data under your account are temporarily available to our teams until the problem is solved.
When you start a sport session, we use the connected location GPS means that when running with your smartphone, you will be able to track the route you have covered on a map. We ask you to enable your location settings (always in use) to offer you detailed activity data such as route and pace for automatically tracked workouts such as running, even when the app is not in use.
The app only access your location data when a distance-based outdoor workout is tracked. Connected GPS does impact marginally your smartphone’s battery life.
How do we use your Personal data?
The data collected through the Products and Services is processed by Sequent AG for the following specific purposes. Different purposes may apply simultaneously.
Providing Products and Services. Personal data processed are stored on your account and accessible on the application. Personal data may be indicated as raw data (number of steps, weight, etc.), or as a result of specific processing (heart rate, respiration, movement which produces your sleep patterns, etc.).
Accounts. Use of our Products and Services requires the creation of an account. This account also allows you to manage your content and preferences as well as measurements collected by the Products.
Communicating with you. When you contact our customer care to solve a problem that you have reported, our team members may be required to process your personal data to help you. They will not be able to view your identified personal health data such as your weight or blood pressure without your consent.
- Improving our Products and Services. We may use your anonymous personal data to improve our Products and Services, customers care, we may need to process certain data in order to correct or modify software settings. In addition, your health data might be anonymised, i.e not allowing to identify an individual or to be linked to an account and used by our teams to conduct studies and analyses in the field of health, in order to advance scientific research.
2. All personal data you provide to Sequent in order to allow the use of Oxygen app / Sequent app and our services, and therefor aimed at the performance of the Sequent services to be provided to you, will be encrypted, transmitted, processed and handled by Sequent in accordance with this notice and with the aforementioned GDPR, and with the principles of fairness, lawfulness, transparency, purpose limitation, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity, confidentiality and accountability, as well as the utmost protection of your privacy.
3. All your personal data collected when using our applications are stored under your Sequent account.
4. Data is collected from you only and only to the extent necessary to execute the contractual obligations of Sequent with reference to the services provided by the downloaded Oxygen app and for the following specific purposes.
- In order to use our Oxygen app / Sequent app you will have to create a personal account and to feed it with the aforementioned data. This account also allows you to manage your content and preferences. The data is accessible on the application.
- Your personal data may be used to offer health advices, discount coupons or events in which you are free to participate. Sequent may provide you with information on products, new features, sales offers. You may opt out of marketing offers by modifying your information preferences on your personal account.
- We may use your anonymous personal data to improve our products and services and our customers support. (In addition, your health data might be anonymised, i.e not allowing to identify an individual or to be linked to an account and used by our teams at Sequent health team to conduct studies and analyses in the field of health, in order to advance scientific research.)
5. Data hosting and processing will take place, according to the aforementioned points, in northern Europe.
6. In order to improve our products we will share anonymised data to third parties to run big data analysis to improve our app and services.
7. Sequent would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled, subject to specific conditions, to request Sequent
- for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service;
- to correct any information you believe is inaccurate and to complete the information you believe is incomplete;
- to erase your personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- to transfer the collected data to another organization, or directly to you;
- to cease to process your personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Or write to us: Sequent AG, Eptingerstrasse 3, 4052 Basel
8. Please be also informed that:
- The period for which your personal data will be stored will be from now on 20 years.
- You have legal rights and remedies against any breach of your personal privacy according to articles from 77 to 84 of the EU GDPR.
9. Final provision
- This Policy come into force and effect on 01.02.2021, repealing the previous versions.
- We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. You will always be notified about substantial changes.